How sharp is Jim Babka after two days of insomnia?
We were scheduled to record. But Jim wasn’t quite ready to do the show we’d planned to do. He was frustrated. He was tired.
You’ll hear the exhaustion in Jim’s voice.
But I found this list. It sounds a bit like stuff you’d hear at an average church. And I couldn’t help wondering what Jim would do with it.
Well, Jim’s mind doesn’t stop. The results are unplanned and unvarnished.
The 16 Things Jesus Never Said is based on a list by Jim Palmer, founder of the Center for Non-Religious Spirituality. The list takes various forms on social media and shows signs of “evolution.” But most of them match a list Palmer himself published.
Religious corruption in Beautitude language
Here are three of the items on the list…
- By this, all men will know you are my disciples, if you have correct theology.
- If you love me, you will regularly attend an approved Bible-teaching church.
- Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in Heaven after the earth goes up in flames and is destroyed.
And Jim ends up taking us into some radical and interesting places…
- That religion exalts murder.
- The time that Jim became a pastor, and how it hurt.
- Why tithing is theft.
- How religion loves hell more than the gospel.
- The flaw of church as a corporation.
Jim also reveals that one of the things on Palmer’s list is a trap, and he has to be careful to avoid it.
We’re featuring today’s episode on…
Please also subscribe to the service on which you listen, so that you’ll be conveniently notified of all upcoming episodes.
ZAP The State and have a nice day,
Moderator, Gracearchy with Jim Babka