I think that you have a REALLY interesting approach to “hot button” topics with this website!! Thank you!!! I shared it on Facebook. I really enjoyed the questions on the side concerning drug prohibition such as “would I be willing to do the dirty work” in prohibiting drugs. A lot of interesting things to ponder upon and HOPEFULLY to DISCUSS WITHOUT FIGHTING!!!! Honestly, it left me unsure in some areas but isn’t that how we gain knowledge? We need to understand and question things. God, I pray that this can catch on. Thank you!!! Sincerely, Mrs. L. F.
So what does the Zero Aggression Project need in order to catch on?
Participate in our issue surveys, starting with our drug prohibition campaign. If you haven’t done that already, go here.
If you have done that, then share the drug prohibition campaign on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. To do that simply go to the campaign and use the social networking tools on the left side of the page.
Then, while you’re there, take a good long look at the right-hand column of the page.
There are 16 powerful tools there you can use to influence public opinion.
Do you notice all the blue links? There are 16 of them. Each one of them is a tool you can use!
Notice how each one is framed in the form of a question? Behind each link is an answer to the question, along with a slider people can use to register their reaction to the answer.
You can use all 16 of these to…
- Share the Zero Aggression Principle with every American (notice that the Principle appears on every single page of the site)
- Locate and activate the 1-in-5 Americans who already self-identify as libertarians
- Move non-libertarians in a voluntaryist direction, and measure that movement.
Questions will come up during discussions on the internet. Some of those questions will correspond to one of these 16 questions (or to similar questions related to other issues as we publish more campaigns). When that happens…
Share the url to the page that deals with that question!
Doing that will accomplish several things at once. It will…
- Contribute to the discussion you’re having
- Save you time — you may not always want to take the time to draft your own answer
- Introduce people into our polling software, where they can encounter more information
Below is the list of questions. Do this…
- Go look at our answers.
- Use the slider to register your opinion on each one
- Think about how you could use these tools
Here are the questions…
- How do you feel about drug prohibition?
- Does the Zero Aggression Principle influence your stance?
- But isn’t drug use immoral?
- What if you had to do the dirty work yourself?
- Would you write a voluntary check to pay for drug prohibition?
- But wouldn’t drug addiction increase?
- What happened when Portugal decriminalized drugs?
- Could repealing drug prohibition improve your health?
- Are you losing cures because of drug prohibition?
- Will drug prohibition cause you to suffer?
- What if a teenager you love buys or sells drugs?
- Does drug prohibition reduce your police protection?
- What if your home gets burglarized by a drug addict?
- Could drug prohibition kill someone you love?
- Is drug prohibition criminal?
- What could you gain from repealing drug prohibition?
The tools are there. If you use them, people will come and change will happen.
PREVIEW: Our next message will deal with the subject of why we need people to disagree with us.
Jim Babka & Perry Willis
Co-creators, the Zero Aggression Project